WE ARE HIRING!
To apply email your resume and cover letter to Monika Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Homeless Connect
On Wednesday, January 24th, 2018, Project Homeless Connect was held at the Egan Center at 555 5th Ave. Project Homeless Connect is a one-day, event to provide housing, services, and hospitality in a convenient one-stop model directly to people experiencing homelessness in Anchorage. It is a way to bring service providers, government agencies, and the general community together to address a problem that affects everyone. The goal is to move from simply managing homelessness towards really ending it.
Service Provider or Government Agency: Connect with Project Homeless Connect organizers and ensure your agency is represented at the event. Contact Carma Reed: Carma.Reed@hud.gov
Private Sector: Project Homeless Connect is a great way to get your employees involved in a community event. If you provide a service that could be of benefit to individuals who experience homelessness (i.e. haircuts, clothing, food), we want to ensure your agency is represented. In addition, we accept donations. For more information, contact Alan Budahl: email@example.com
General Community: Come out and volunteer! This event requires hundreds of volunteers. Contact Heidi Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Coalition
The easiest way to get involved is to simply donate to the effort. Click the Donate button below to provide immediate financial assistance. You can also donate to the coalition through Pick.Click.Give.
There are many volunteer opportunities that support the goal of ending homelessness. United Way of Anchorage can connect you to the volunteer opportunities that most interest you. From community-wide events like Day of Caring or Project Homeless Connect to mentoring a youth, United Way’s Community Engagement staff offers volunteer opportunities for everyone. Learn more about volunteering and find opportunities on the United Way website.
Attend a Meeting
The general membership of the coalition meets bi-monthly on the second Friday of the odd numbered months from 10:30am to 12:00pm. All meetings are held at Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (4300 Boniface Parkway, Anchorage). Meeting dates for 2018:
- January 12th
- March 9th (Annual Meeting)
- May 11th (Board Member Elections)
- July 13th
- September 14th
- November 9th
The coalition also has committees that meet on a regular basis:
For more information on the committees please contact
Monika Winkler by phone at (907) 343-6371 or email email@example.com
- Data – 3rd Tuesday; 2 pm – 3 pm
- Membership – 1st Wednesday; 12 p – 1 pm @ NeighborWorks Alaska; 2515 A Street Anchorage, AK 99507
- Community Plan Schedule TBD in FY18
Project Homeless Connect
- Project Homeless Connect, January 24th, 2018 – A one-stop shop opportunity to be connected with services (10am – 3pm at the Egan Center)
Other Community Events:
- HUGSS, Before the start of the school year – Furnishes school supplies and backpacks to students
- Thanksgiving Blessing, November 20th, 2017 – The week before Thanksgiving – Provides Thanksgiving meals for families in need
- Anchorage GIFT, The week before Christmas – Offers groceries for a Christmas meal as well as presents for children
Sign up below to join our newsletter and receive weekly updates from the coalition. To view past newsletters, please see the “What’s New” page.