FY2018 Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness Organization Membership Agreement
The mission of the Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness is to advocate for and implement strategies to prevent homelessness and provide housing and work opportunities for all.
MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT OF SUPPORT
Being mindful of the interests of the homeless, service providers, investors and the community, we the members of the Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness (ACEH) set forth this agreement:
- Hold the value that everyone who is homeless should be provided with the opportunity to access housing and supportive services
- To provide leadership in the prevention and eradication of homelessness in Anchorage
- To provide centralization and coordination of information regarding Anchorage homeless services and needs in the community
- Hold a primary focus on supporting those most in need and those having the fewest resources and are committed to serving all that seek assistance with housing and supportive services
- Hold a commitment to the use of evidence-based practices and data driven decision making and agree to work with community partners and ACEH toward an accurate, timely and complete data system
- Will continue to participate in regular meetings and assess gaps in homeless housing and services in the Continuum of Care, so plans of action may be developed and implemented on a timely basis
- Agree to analyze information about those that remain unsheltered in our current Continuum of Care system so that new and innovative ways to fill those gaps can be developed
- Will keep our local, state, and federal elected officials informed on a regular basis and glean their support whenever appropriate in support of our comprehensive goals of decreasing homelessness in Anchorage
I understand that all partner members of the ACEH have an equal vote and that a majority vote of the membership present at a meeting, or responding in manner allowed by the by-laws, represents a vote of the entire ACEH as a whole.
Members are organizations or individuals that support the mission of ACEH and wish to partner for collaborative funding and the development of community resources for those needing shelter, and those at risk of homelessness or seeking affordable housing. Membership requirements include:
- Must meet minimum standards of accountability: Upon request, provide evidence of legitimate public, private, non-profit or for profit status, a board of directors, supervisors or advisory body, and an annual report or summary statement of services provided with fiscal reviews. Provide a site visit for members (if requested).
- Commit to attend the six bi-monthly coalition general membership meetings by designating representative(s) who will attend and represent your organization as well as designate one voting representative to be in attendance at the annual meeting held in March. Should your voting representative be unavailable for the annual meeting, provide the appropriate proxy voting form.
- Provide requested data for the ACEH sponsored projects that document the services provided or activities participated in by the organization. Report data to HMIS, as applicable, and work toward a centralized coordination of information for the purpose of data-driven community response.
- Pay the annual partner membership dues according to your organizational budget. An organization with an annual budget under one million dollars pay $100 in membership dues, and an organization with an annual budget over one million dollars pay $200 in membership dues. The dues requested with this agreement are for the fiscal year 2018, covering the membership year July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
An organization may have more than one representative present at coalition meetings and functions. In situations of conflict of interest, an organization will be expected to abstain. Each partner organization with multiple representatives shall have one designated vote. Membership must be renewed each year.
Please either pay now on the next page of the form by credit card or through PayPal, or send a check payable to the Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness to:
Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness
P. O. Box 243041
Anchorage, AK 99524